4/27/11

Kitchen Ideas

So with less than three weeks standing between me and my trip home to do some upgrades on the house I have been non stop thinking about what I want to fix up and change. My number one priority is the kitchen which needs a little bit of love, all easy things. I am using what we have as inspiration, so it's going to be a tan kitchen with lots of red and dark brown accents...

This is our kitchen table and chairs that are from IKEA and are AMAZING! (Sidenote: I love IEKA)

The walls right now are green and need to be changed becuase I refuse to have a Christmasy kitchen. (I'm sorry but red and green together ALWAYS remind me of Christmas) Very excited to finally be able to paint my walls and I am going all out! The only green that will be allowed is my new mint plant!

The mama plant

The cutting that I am going to try and get some roots to grow!

I know that I might possibly be a little too excited over this little plant, however this little plant is AWESOME. Growing up my grandmother always had sun tea in the summer, which we would pick mint leaves to add to our glasses. It's amazing... mint iced tea reminds me of my family and is just want I needed this week. I will be putting it on the window sill in my new kitchen and can not wait to watch it grow. 

P.S. - There are now only 31 days left...


1 comment:

  1. I love the red and brown combo it goes together perfectly! 17 days until painting/tiling extravaganza begins!!

    ReplyDelete