5/9/11

Countdown...

7 days till I get to go back home to paint the house....

20 days till we offically move back home....

The countdown keeps getting smaller and my excitement level keeps getting bigger! I was able to score one more can of oops paint, this one for the kitchen, so all I have left is the basement color and a couple color matches and the paint is DONE! The Kitchen is being painted to match the new glass tile!

Kitchen paint color!

The past couple months I have not been knitting as much as I want. So last week I cast on two pairs of vanilla socks from yarn that my parents gave me for my past birthday! I'm in love with this yarn and the auto-pilot knitting is exactly what I've been missing. Also on the needles is a grey scarf made from lace weight bought in Lancaster PA! It's coloring is beautiful and will be a great layering piece for the summer.




The other day Conor mentioned that he wanted to grow our own tomatoes, because we do not have a yard in both our current appartment or the townhouse it will have to be grown in containers. Today I while out doing errands I purchased two tomato plants, some merigolds and a piece of small metal fencing. I did look for tradional stakes but none of them were very pretty and these pots will be on our deck, I wanted something that would look nice. 

The piece of fencing and a pot left over from last summer!


I took the fence and very carfully bent it. At first I was just going to bend it in half, but that was not going to fit. So instead, I sort of rounded it out so that It would fit along the back of the pot...


All that was left was to add some plants! The two tomato plants are in the back along the fencing (for support) and along the front are some merrigolds to add color and help keep bugs away! I am very excited to see if any or all of it takes and if we will be eating our own tomatoes in the summer. 

End Product...








No comments:

Post a Comment