5/26/11

On having 3 days left

So the move is finally here and I am sitting in an empty apartment trying to cross some things off the To Do List while also trying to enjoy my last moments in our first home. There are a few phone calls left but then nothing but some relaxing and hanging out with amazing people (our neighbors), before the big drive on Sunday. The past two weeks have flown by and for almost a full week I was back in New Hampshire doing some upgrades and painting! It was fun to be back, and amazing that our family and friends were able to help so much.

 I find it calming that the rooms that I so desperately despised the color, are now updated to match our stuff. The basement that was once mint green is now a beautiful shade of dark brown, the kitchen which was also green is now a shade of orangey brown that matches the beautiful new glass tile backsplash.

More basement pics to come but for now you can sort of make out the color?

You can see the old tile here

The living room, stairway and hallway have all been painted a grey, and the bathrooms are now matching in a great shade of blue...




I also had some minor triumphs of switching out the thermostat and changing the shower head. It was a crazy 6 days that flew by, but incredibly worth the effort! 

A little knitting got done yesterday while the movers were here. Having three extra people in the apartment boxing up all our stuff was very emotionally draining, I was knitting the whole time to calm my nerves, and in the process finished my May socks! They are just a pair of vanilla socks, so that I would have plenty of auto-pilot knitting.

The yarn did all the work!!!

I have a feeling that in the next couple days, while we do not have much in the apartment and no cable and such, that there will be a lot of knitting and reading (either on the Kindle or the audio book I'm reading Outlander). 



No comments:

Post a Comment